Monday, June 13, 2005

The last week...

It’s been such a long time. I have been particularly busy with something on the other. For a fact, I haven’t yet started with my project.

The turn of events haven’t been anywhere near satisfaction. The last two weeks have been quite eventful and yet not so. There have been sleepless night (because of the fact that I have been sleeping every afternoon these days) and there have been tiring nights. There have been pleasant days and there have been even more unpleasant ones. There have been days when I wondered if I could just keep running and never stop. There isn’t any particular reason for this or perhaps, there isn’t a reason at all.

This weekend should have been probably the most pleasurable one. Perhaps, time has something very different in store. Who knows?

To be a bit more precise, here's a recap of the last week or so. I went to my grand mother’s place for a week. Papa had to go and mamma was still not back. It had been 4 weeks and I missed her beyond limits. Now with papa gone, I had nothing but my dear novels to keep me busy and distracted. I finished The Fountainhead. It’s a truly amazing book and I discovered how a book can have an ever-lasting impact. It’s changed my point of view to a large extent.

After 2 days, my massi came with Sanya and Anoushka. The two cartoons left me exhausted on days. They really did keep me distracted from the fact of not seeing mamma since such a long time. Anoushka will turn three in a month and 4 days. She is the most vivacious child I’ve come across. I hope she remains that way.

The week, however took a long time to finish with mamma coming on Friday night. But the following weekend saw us in a lot of tension because of some luggage problem followed by my dadi fracturing her hipbone. She was admitted in the hospital and was operated on today. She is to remain under observation tonight. This thing requires months together to recover. There are tough times ahead.

I can only hope for the things to return to normal.

Raman came back from Bombay yesterday, after a month. It was so nice to see him. He couldn’t get in IMO (International Maths Olympiad) but I am sure it’s been a wonderful experience for him. He said the hostel food was hopeless and thus he slept without having dinner for days together.

I spent the day with Raman and massi. It was a day well spent after a long time.

I really got to go start working on my project now.

And oh!! Did I mention I bought a guitar at last?
Woohoo…
Got it for 6500 rupees. It’s all black acoustic jumbo size one. I’m quite happy with it for now.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Some week that was...

I hope your grandma gets well soon.

About Fountainhead.....havent read that one....I did the mistake of beginning with Ayn Rands Atlas Shrugged. And to be frank could not quite get myself to finish it.

Her philosophy and the ideas she puts forth are amazin but the book somehow is mired in too much of emotional tangles.

Anyways....hope u are having a great week

12:36 AM, June 14, 2005  
Blogger Akanksha said...

You must find Fountainhead and read it. It's worth all one can give!
I hope so too...
:)

9:47 AM, June 14, 2005  
Blogger CJ said...

Seems like aakash, rastogi and u stay together
cauz all of u bought the same guitar of same price at the same time...call tht co-incidence or call tht love!...kiddin again

2:42 AM, June 16, 2005  
Blogger Akanksha said...

You n ur logics!!!
Of the same kind I mst say...dumb!!

2:48 AM, June 16, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home