Thursday, May 19, 2005

Caught in the middle!!!

Yes…that’s what the situation was. We were half way through our history period when the speakers started blowing out the voice of our principal. ‘ On the request of the students and the teachers, the school is being closed one day early…’ and then we could hear no more because of the chorus of ‘yays and shits’.

Now if the school authorities think they’ll get the praises of the world for doing this, they are wrong. What wrong would it have done to them to give a prior notice? It wasn’t any ‘Surprise, Surprise’ package, I’m sure. And what with half of the students exclaiming, ‘My parents are not going to believe me!!’ It’s thankfully not the case with me but still, I believe in good of one and all!

My reaction to this announcement knew no bounds of ambivalence.
Firstly, the advantage was a full day in the AC without any complete power cuts where in you try to satisfy yourself with a hand fan.

Secondly, my dad was to come today morning and the plan had me going to Shubhi’s place for the day and then to pick my mom up from the airport at night. This, now, however doesn’t hold good since my dad had to do some last minute cancellation because of the crazy amount of work on his head. My anger, though silent knew no bounds. I shouted a bit on him and then it took a good hour’s sleep and a nice chat with Shubhi, to calm me down.

After having my lunch yesterday, I slept till about 17.30, waking in between to call mama and papa.

The reason for my discontentment on this announcement is enough to overshadow any advantage.

Firstly, today was to be double P.E. pds. I love playing badiminton and this is the best possible oppurtunity of one hour 15 minutes to do so. You see, my house being on the main road doesn’t possibly give my parents the sanction to let me go out.

Secondly, today was also to be a library pd. I have finished reading The hungry Tide by Amitav Ghosh. It’s a truly amazing book and has helped me to say even more proudly that I love books written by Indian authors.

Thirdly, I love school. It’s a universal truth by now. Do I need to say more?

Lastly, I get bored at home without any company, alone.

I can’t exactly call this Friday cursed cause my mom’s coming tonight. It’s a boring, hot summer day. And I have to go and study. Me and my bad mood. I wish I could do something about it.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was reading this episode of your dad and cant help but wonder....is there anything they can do.

Its like a vortex that just keeps sucking you in. You may want to crawl out but you never can!

Have you heard Cats in the Cradle by Ugly Kid Joe.....listen to the song and of course the lyrics. I am sure you would identify with that song

6:36 AM, May 20, 2005  
Blogger Akanksha said...

Alex, I will definitely listen to the song. I know it's not their fault. It's just tht I have never been left alone for such a long time.

8:07 AM, May 20, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home