Friday, June 03, 2005

I think I have seen her somewhere
I wonder, as I pass by her
People so familiar yet so strange
Then it strikes me
My best friend in 4rth grade
Once like a sister
Now not less then a stranger.

As I flip through the pictures
I see a dozen friends
Worth keeping forever
But lost every single
I know something went wrong somewhere
I didn’t call up
She didn’t care
That day I learnt
Only some friends are forever

In these years
I made new friends
Some like the old ones
Some very special
But I guess none can take the place
Of those left
So instead of regretting them
I cherish every picture

When you tell me
I’ll be with you forever
I’ll pause and be silent
Cause I know that won’t happen ever
How hard I try, I know
I’ll have to let go
Life’s a journey
I have to take alone
How much you try to hide it
Or wherever you try to escape it
As much as I want it
We will never have these days again
I know its not impossible
I have seen people do it

But I don’t want to hope
And then be crushed later
So if 10 years from now
You think of me
Well remember this
Even if I have a dozen friends
No one can ever replace you

8 Comments:

Blogger Akanksha said...

Wow! Shubhi, I think all my efforts of pushing u to blog hv payed off!
Now, to answer u, I don't think I'm going to let go of our friendship so easily (yes..even if u beg me!!) ;)
I know u know that. We've had talks on this before.
Imagine I've kept my friendship with my second standard friend who left the school then. I talk of Vasudha. And if this was to be the case then I would like to remind u of ur friendship with Karishma. In both cases, we had been best friends with the people mentioned and now, since we are best friends, I see no reason why your fears would turn into reality.
So, on a happy note, don't worry (yes, it's coming from me) and enjoy your trip.

3:58 AM, June 03, 2005  
Blogger Aditii said...

shubhi a BEAUTIFUL poem!
i think akanksha has made it quite clear tht she wont let us live in peace(not tht i mind) so theres no point in me repeatin tht, but ill try hard to keep it strong but it cant be a single handed effort
anyway hope u hav a wunderful time on your vacation and pls mail.

6:23 AM, June 03, 2005  
Blogger Akanksha said...

Aditii, :P
LOLS!!

7:10 AM, June 03, 2005  
Blogger Unknown said...

hey shubhi,.....amazing poem....hope im there in tthat list of frnz too........lol......u sure are in mine

2:15 AM, June 05, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This really was wonderful...you bought some wonderful memories back for me.

Thanks....and once again awesome effort!

:)

1:46 AM, June 06, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

shubhi the poem is beautiful!!!!
i am not much of a poetry person..i generally hate poetry but i really loved this one.
great.

10:46 PM, June 06, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

akanksha,i ust read your previous posts..i can kind of identify with what you have written.it hurts terribly when old friends forget you..but then, we ust have to accept it.i try not to think about it,and whenever the thought does come in i tell myself that there is nothing i can do about it and so i have no right to be sad about it.besides maintaining a friendship is a two way process,there has to be an effort from both sides.so if the other person is not interested,its her loss.

that helps(atleast most of the times!)

10:54 PM, June 06, 2005  
Blogger Akanksha said...

Shraddha, I've sort of blocked those memories to the extent tht they don't hurt any more but it jst comes out once in a while.
Anyways, I'm sure ur method wrks well too!!
:)

5:45 AM, June 10, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home