Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Fly Away

The Barron’s new SAT book is currently occupying as much space as my monitor occupies. And well, my study table cum computer table has been reduced to nothing with a phone instrument, speakers, mouse, newspaper, etc. Believe me the list goes on. My table, for the first time in months is messy!

And the prospect of it remaining in this state for at least the next hour or so is definitely not pleasing. An hour, I say, because I currently need every possible thing lying on the table. I am trying out multi-functioning and I have started to get the flavor of my success at this!

These past few days Fly Away by Corrinne May has left me addicted. No matter what I do, this song doesn’t seem to like the idea of leaving me alone. I don’t know how but it keeps playing itself at the back of my mind. So much so that today while my guitar class, I kept singing this song while playing the G scale. And the poor teacher thought I was going through some sort of trauma! I really can’t blame him with the kind of lyrics it has and my ‘evening cold’. I am sure it was no less than torture for the walls and the numerous electric and base guitars.

I guess my guitar sir had his plans in order too. He asked me if he had shown me the special ‘movie’ he had recently made on Flash. Boasting of his newly accomplished skills, he opened the folder. For the beginning, it seemed like a little presentation types with mellifluous notes flowing from an electric guitar, popping out text about this Pakistani guitarist and his music. The only mistake I did was to listen to it keenly with unbound interest. Believe me the music was too good to avoid. It was sugared to serve the purpose of a lullaby. What followed was highly shocking. It didn’t have me running out of the room thankfully. You seriously don’t want to know what happened next. And so I rest this incident here.

I consider it an obligation to warn one and all never to buy CD’s from Singapore when you have access to the music stores in India. They are highly expensive. You’ll repent like me.

For now, I have important things to attend to and thus I see no reason to continue.
Till the next time, Fly Away!


7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

*Pulls hair out*

Not fair....that you build it up to a climax and then leave me stranded wondering what happened next

LOL!

SAT!! Cool.....so studies abroad is the direction....how many things can a human juggle!

I guess just attempting to do that makes a person intelligent!!

2:09 AM, May 26, 2005  
Blogger Akanksha said...

My initial idea was to let people know what actually happened but I guess this is the way it had to turn out.

*evil laughter*

Okay, I can't possibly do this to u.
So what actually happened was that a scary 'bhoot' types face came when it was most unexpected with of course, the loudest shriek in the world, mostly because of the mega powerful speakers. And there was a secondary shriek of mine, which btw is not very loud or scary followed by the loudest laughter of my sir, who then started boasting of his 'scary act skills'.

I was also informed that my reaction was nothing compared to the reaction of his other students who had claimed to be brave hearts. This however didn't make me feel any better.

3:04 AM, May 26, 2005  
Blogger Akanksha said...

Preparing for SAT...hmmm...well sort of. I wanted to feel better and thus came out this book which is supposedly a 'gift' from my cousin.

3:05 AM, May 26, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

haha.....I have seen that one too.

I got this email forward that showed a nice scenic picture of a river with a dam. The forward required you to identify what was wrong with the pic.

So I began to squint hard at the monitor applying all my visual acumen in trying to identify the error when *BAM* this freak face jumps at me. Thankfully there was no one to witness my plight or rather my flight! Hahaha!

About your cousins gift....i guess she thought "Nothing like some good ole intellectual stimulation to shoo those blues away"

LOL!!

11:01 PM, May 26, 2005  
Blogger Akanksha said...

He not she!! I was talking about my cousin brother. I wonder how u took it for granted!!

:D

11:04 PM, May 26, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL! Intrigues me too....hahaha

11:37 PM, May 26, 2005  
Blogger uXuf said...

Lol I just could imagine that, happened with me too. With a soothing lake and a sole yacht in it, with Sajjad Ali playing in background, and then whack it goes!! :S

12:47 PM, June 16, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home