Friday, May 27, 2005

My musings on tenth


Now, since the CBSE tenth standard results have been announced for the batch of 2004-05, realization (yes, you are right, after attending 2 months of school in tenth) has started to sink in. People, I am in tenth. The horrible board class! The over rated and over hyped repercussions of this precious year have already been dumped into my system and for a fact I know, there is more to come. After all, the evil forces have come together to decide a slow, painful end.

Since the very beginning, I knew 2005 was the year, god had chosen for me. An odd number and I knew odd numbers are not my friends for the least. As the years passed by, my fears were kept at bay. There was this voice in my brain telling me, ‘you are the chosen one. Your time of tenth will never come, child. You will be spared. Remember god loves you the most.’

I was stupid enough to believe, to have faith. And thus was proclaimed in the skies of heaven and the ditches of hell, 2005 would come without fail.
Look at the optimist I am! What was I thinking while thinking that this time of my life would never come? God knows.

Okay, enough of exaggeration. Honestly, I am doing just fine. I am, as a matter of fact, enjoying this year so far. Or am I?

Result: topic dropped.

***

A Walk To Remember

Today in the evening, I went to the G block park in Paschim Vihar, West Delhi. I met Shreya there. This is possibly the first time I’m mentioning her here. Thus, an introduction is in the order.

Shreya happens to be one of my friends in my previous school, St. Thomas’. We used to be rather good friends till I think fourth standard or so when she befriended some popular people of our class and back stabbed me. Hahaha. Imagine her doing that at that age! Anyways, we made up and became friends again but of course not as good as we used to be. There was always this bitterness in me for her, which doesn’t exist anymore. You see I sort of left all of that when I changed my school to D.P.S R.K Puram in sixth. I felt absolutely no need of carrying all that mess with me.

She had this aura of excess self-confidence in her that I guess, I could never have. Also, she believed in being popular. That was the difference between her and me. I wanted to stay away from that light and she wanted to go in there. This is perhaps the primary reason for our Broken and not so well repaired friendship

Anyways, before I go overboard in describing her and our situation, I see an urgent need of me going on. We saw each other and it was no surprise for me. I knew she was going to be there, like always.

I asked her if she could walk with me for a while and she instantly agreed. We walked for what seemed like an hour. She told me a lot about St. Thomas’ and I answered her questions about different stuff. I was too nostalgic to really say much. Time has flown away, perhaps, too fast. I miss being what I was. I miss every part of my life I’ve lived.

She told me she and some of my other friends, back there think that I have turned into a complete DPS buff! How ironic!

I guess, they’ll never really know me. I wish they knew how much I miss everything and being who I was. But again, I have no complaints with my present life. This school is, in more than one terms the best thing that has happened to me.
I know I am very lucky.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey firstly about the tenth grade.....slog but dont let the pressure get you.

Its a funny thing......parents would always tell me....study now and you can enjoy all life long.

I have grown and now I find that the things I could do as a child are taboo for me now.......i can do them only at the risk of being called immature.

Its a time once gone that will never be back.....so dont forget to secure those moments of life.

Neways...too much philo stuff here.

HEre is wishing you all the best for a great year ahead

9:35 PM, May 27, 2005  
Blogger Akanksha said...

Thanks a lot!!

12:43 AM, May 28, 2005  
Blogger Shubhi said...

nice one..........
btw dps buff ???

6:46 AM, May 29, 2005  
Blogger Akanksha said...

Don't ask me tht Shubhi! It was really dumb!

9:50 AM, May 30, 2005  
Blogger UK said...

The void created is never filled. This is just a start. There will be many times when you will feel that your friend(s) are leaving you inspite of your best efforts to hang on. Learn to forgive and forget, and stick to those who appreciate that you are in their world.

8:48 AM, May 31, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

just randomly came across your blog. Many have walked the road and always come out much more mature. Wish you all the best.

4:57 AM, June 23, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home