Tuesday, August 29, 2006

It was derived from an Arabic word qah'wa which meant intoxicating liquors. Mecca condemned it, Egypt embraced it, the English of course stole it and I well, worship it. Still not got what I'm talking about? Well the king of all drinks, the "amrit" for modern day souls, "Coffee" of course. As a kid I never liked coffee, I still believe it is an acquired taste. It comes with maturity, understanding and of course sheer desperation. But one thing is assured once you acquire it you can't get rid of it. Coffee addiction is said to be one of the hardest addictions to get rid of. Considering there is no proven evidence of its repercussions or its benefits. It's not something you can go to rehab for. Though it might affect you life in many ways. I, for one, am a complete addict. I have been trying to get rid of it, but on account of getting withdrawal symptoms, I'm going very slowly. Anyways I've kind of collected an account of people towards coffee kinda thing. Read on...
  • Akanksha I am proud to say is a coffee lover. Maybe not a complete lover. But she understands the value and essence of its soul. She also owes coffee a lot. A 95+ in science is one of them. LOL. This girl didn't sleep a wink before her science board. And what was the wonderful liquor which bolstered her? Coffee duh.
  • Addi is another person I'm very proud of. She is my kind of coffee person. She loves her coffee the way it is. Minimal milk and sugar. Just the olfactory property and scrumptious taste of the wonderful beans. Though she isn't a hard core addict like me. She is the person to drink coffee with. I have lost count of our trips to Barista. Scaring people around us to bitching about people sitting with us.
  • Radhika. Sigh. She deserves a slap when it comes to coffee. No not a slap she deserves to die when it comes to coffee. Okay here's the story. Last day of boards, these people stayed over. I had previously promised Radz a cup of my very talked about coffee. (I make awesome coffee) So true to my promise, I presented her with a cup of breathtaking and aromatic cafe. "Coffee" to make any coffee lover squirm. This woman takes a sip,decides it too strong for her. I disgustedly watch her put 2 spoons of sugar in it (I'd already added enough). I shake it off. But then she thinks its still not nice. So madam decides to put more milk. (even though the cup is overflowing). What she left with a glass of diluted coffee and a very annoyed friend. Bloody coffee virgin. Not getting any more coffee from me. You girl.
  • Ipsi. Well she's a lost case. She doesn't like coffee. Though I suspect that's because of the calories involved. haha. But she still never minds coming out with me in my quest for some. The number of times we both have sat in barista or CCD, me sipping some cafe, she some stupid drink, gossiping and bitching. And ofcourse our discussions on liberated topics (cough cough) have raised many an eyebrow and have caused many tables to move away.
  • Ava. This girls rocks in her coffee choice. Haha. Its almost identical to mine. Dark coffee addiction. Though shes lucky shes gotten over hers. How I have no idea. But ir emember at one point of time we both struggled with out withdrawal symptoms. But ofcourse my addiction did get cultivated by her. For instance all those evenings we have spent at PVR sipping coffee and discussing our endless problems hahaha. (hoe, saraswati, abhi, dj etc) Again scandalizing alot of people. LOL

Oh, and I completely forgot about me. Well I must take this opportunity to thank Nescafe. For helping me pass my boards. Coz of you guys I could have fun the whole day and then study at night. Thanks for having my back. Muah. And also I must thank StarBucks, for the many afternoons I found shelter at your shops, from a screaming mother and irritated father. In your cafes I found solace and the few seconds of peace.

Peace out.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

ROTFL. Hilarious. Good piece of work. I like your blog. And you girls are very good writers. Keep up the good work
ps. I love coffee too. Specially jamaican coffee.

7:40 AM, August 29, 2006  
Blogger ThinkingWanderer said...

Hey shubhlums...
I wont say I'm over my addiction but it definitely is better than it was before.It's nt tht hard girl...but i must say..life widout coffee sucks!!..hehe...
And yes..the discussion...ahem ahem...at barista n ccd...were indeed fun!..lol!
love u lots!:D...
keep sipping!
ava(ni)lol

9:16 AM, August 29, 2006  
Blogger Shubhi said...

i think my next post is gnna have to be on how i hate it when my name is ruined

9:26 AM, August 29, 2006  
Blogger Aditii said...

lol.

3:22 AM, August 30, 2006  
Blogger Akanksha said...

Merci madamoiselle.
Et oui! Nice post!

8:56 AM, August 30, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool girl. Cool.
Moi adore starbuks lol.
BTW You do look doped in that pic. But even so you look great. haha. Hopefully you won't kill me.

4:42 AM, August 31, 2006  
Blogger Shubhi said...

@ the ass: haha very funny! I may look rufffled and a lil stupid but not doped!
@ radhika: I no ure mad, thts y ure nt sayin anythin., But i did not exaggerate !! you are very frustratin

4:52 AM, August 31, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aaah! So you have never tasted the coffee at my office have you! :p

Good article...really makes me wanna like coffee but sadly I still have the colonial hangover...slave to tea!!

6:05 AM, September 05, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home