Wednesday, April 13, 2005

That day

A day I had reserved for myself
Thought I would be able to
Find a purpose, a reason
For my being, for my existence
Which I did put under question.

Whenever I looked back,
Resentment of my memories overflowed.
I wish I could do away with all of them.
I wish, for once I could have had everything my way.
But perhaps, the truth, I always knew.

Are regrets all that are left of me?
I wish I had done it the other way.
The fact, however, will remain.
Life has its own weird ways.

Its not what people expect of me
My life is about what I want.
I wish I could think that way.
I do know that it was my incapacity for letting
Things go their way.

What if I mean this most truly one day?
For this is the reason that I chose that day.
For this is the reason that I remind myself over again
My true purpose, and all my endeavors.
I hope they will sum up to something.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well i think what others truly expect from you eg. parents also has a importance in our lives. Theyre the ones who put up with our bullshit, gave us whatever we aksed (almost) and made us happy and in the end if a kid says to them.. DAD I WANT TO BE A POP STAR what do you think the dad would do?

Murder? Castration? I dont know lol but what we should also become what our parents want.

7:13 PM, April 13, 2005  
Blogger Akanksha said...

of course it does..it truly does but i don't think u got wat i was trying to say. i jst don't want a day to come wen i would hv to say all this.
n btw, if tht guy has the potential to become a pop star thn i see no reason y his dad would oppose his decision. do u?

8:05 PM, April 13, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

All i can say is "AWWWWWWW..."
Hope all evils end up giving rise to goodness.

4:06 AM, April 14, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

AND 1st..thnx for THINKING OF ME and putting my site
bt the link isnt working

4:07 AM, April 14, 2005  
Blogger Akanksha said...

wat rubbish is tht?

3:54 AM, April 16, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

your guess is as good as mine
shubhi
ps. to lazy to sign in

11:33 PM, April 16, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home