Wednesday, April 13, 2005

The Last Letter

It was a cold night
when she called
My arm shook with fright
when she told me she was getting a divorce

She was weeping
when i opened the door
Tears flowing down her face,
as she flung her bags on the floor

I knew something was wrong
When she laid you on the bed
I knew something went wrong
perhaps something your father had said

I tried to talk her
But she locked herself in the bathroom
She told me she was giving up
in the most awful tone

Even though you were a baby
you knew something wasn't right
your eyes searched the room for her
while she died.

Yes i do feel responsible for her death
i have everyday since then
becaue i was her sister
i was suposed to love her
yet i wasn't able to stop her.

I am sorry you didn't see her
she was truly wonderful
if you see yourself in the mirror
you will see like you she was beautiful.

A great mother
I know she would have been
But i guess she was weak
Thats a lesson she would want you to learn
You have to be strong
never give up
figure out the difference between right and wrong.

I know honey, for so many years
In the dark I kept you
you thought I was your mother
But I so terribly wanted to be too
I felt responsible for ruining your life
and wanted to fix it for you.

I hope you understand how sorry I am
I never meant to hurt you
only care for you like your mom would have
If you are reading this letter
I am probably dead
I hope one day you can see
that i had to keep you away from your father
I really hope that day you will be able to forgive me.

3 Comments:

Blogger Akanksha said...

lovely..very well written.
keep it up girl!
ps. god wat hv u done to the tag board..i knew i was doing smthing wrong while giving u the password.;D
great work anyways. u proved me wrong.
lols(it won't come as 'bull shit' here!!)

8:33 AM, April 13, 2005  
Blogger Unknown said...

beautiful poem ........ seriously its great............hardly can believe its urs..........lol

9:36 AM, April 13, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This poem fits with the tune of mockingbird :->

3:50 AM, April 14, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home