Monday, April 11, 2005

10 all time favourites..................

I never said i don't like Nicholas Sparks.. hes great..... but comparing him to Dan brown phooo.....
You have to be kidding he can never come in that league... A walk to remember is a good boook but there are thousands in its category..... and its not even the best! Therefore me shubhi...decided to bring out the names of my 10 altime favourite books...

10. Everyy boy got one by Meg Cabot
So hilarious! By the time i finished it i was rolling on the ground with laughter. Classic Meg Cabot. I think alt better than the Princess Diaries. Kinda predictable but yeah well...its funny.

9. Diaries of Adrian Mole by Sue Townsed
Awesome book. So funny. Its basically about the life of a 16 year old pathetic british. It's crazy stuff. but good stuff.

8. A time to Kill by John Grisham
That is class... That book was so amazing.. though it wasn't teh first book i read of John Grisham. But after that. I was hooked. It's the first book the author ever wrote.

7. My Feudal Lord by Tehmina Durrani
Strong. Very mature stuff. This isn't your everyday novel. It's about a pakistani womans fight back against the pakistani social system. But once you read it. You will never turn back.

6. Da Vinci Code by Dan Brown
Okay another Cliché ... well i don't care i loved it.... It is so damn logical! I don't need to write anything about it., It well. speaks for itself.....!

5. Hades Daughter by Sara Douglas
Its a mythology fiction about Troy. Now this is what epics are made of. Its written by an Australian writer. Simply fantastic. Mystery, Drama, thriller...

4. Eleven Minutes by Paulo Coelho
for all those who are Paulo Coelho fans. i know this is a disapointment. But i prefer this to Alchemist. Its my absolute favourite book. Though its very philosiphical. Its beautifully written.

3. Kane and Abel by Jeffery Archer
Jeffery Archer can not be better than this. Absolute mind-blowing stuff. Long book. But every second spent worthwhile. About two men and their ultimate battle till the end...


2. Love story by Erich Seagal
Self-explanatory. There is no love story ever written more beautifully. And the Nicholas Sparks, the James Pattersons can come & go. But no one can even try to come up to Erich Segal. Classics at their Best

1. Desiree by Annemarie Selinko
Yup.. no ones heard of it. Your bad. This is my ultimate all time favourite. People who know me well. Have had to hear days of non-stop blabbering about it. A true story about Napoleans fiance who became the queen of sweden. I don't think ever in my whole life will i ever find a book better than this. Sometimes its funny sometimes its sad. Sometimes its miraculous. It's written by a woman who escaped the nazi police and fled for sweden. there she found about the life of Desiree.

happy reading!

3 Comments:

Blogger Akanksha said...

GOD!!meg cabot..how can u read wat she writes!!it's complete rubbish to me.
anyways wen u getting me desiree??

8:58 AM, April 11, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

quite a collection....i shall check em out ...if I can find them.

Meanwhile I would recommend -

Centennial - James Michener

Boys Life - Robert McCammon

Life of Pi - Yann Martel

11:11 PM, April 11, 2005  
Blogger Unknown said...

hey shubhi.......the list does sound good......which prompts me to ask u.....seriously.......if u have any of ur listed books except dan brown,11 mins n eric sehgal.....can u plzz plzz bring it for me

9:50 AM, April 13, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home