Tuesday, April 05, 2005

POWERpuffffffff Shuuuuubhi

Hello every1, here is something I wrote.



Of course, Shubhi is justified in launching a war against those barbarous and uncouth and uncivil zoological anomalies. After all, she is sooooooooooooooo sweet. Mind you, I am not talking about the saccharin sweetness or the artificial sweetener sweetness, I am talking about 100% authentic sugar obtained from molasses and that too undiluted. Of course, she has every right to go around reprimanding us lower mortals who have no civic sense. I mean, we’re the kind of people who take our doggies to pee under the neighbour’s car. Shubhi, our friend from heaven, the angel in disguise also has a doggy who knows when and where to pee. Shubhi, beauty’s belle, more importantly one of my very good friends is an embodiment of Barbie Doll minus the Ken as for now with her dainty words which have the fluidity of Andy Roddick’s serve. Thankyou, I know that I am very good at making up analogies.
Our Shubhi, speaks and looks like a convent novitiate. Yup! That’s her. She even clasps her hands like a choir girl when she finally manages to figure out that she has managed to figure out a maths problem. That ingenuity on her face, that spark in her eyes ( I am not saying that she gets the scientific and mathematical jargon at one go- but what the heck!!!!!) make me realize the purity of life, the existence of genius and the happiness in success. Remember, “practice, practice and thou shalt succeed”? No wonder she telephones people with the kind of mechanical dexterity and meticulous precision she does. Shubhi does not think twice before calling up Akanksha on the Sunday before a Monday test. This is how the conversation goes:-
“Hello, Akanksha”
“ Hi”
“I can’t tell you how much I am freaking out. It has never taken me longer to finish Chemistry. I tell you, I am going to drop dead any moment but before that you must explain the physics problem on pg 235 to me.”
Akanksha starts explaining. She barely finishes a sentence and Shubhi asks her to hurry. I mean the chocolate chip ice-cream is lonely. She must not insult the ice-cream. She must cater to its sensitivities. It is melting after all and Shubhi can’t listen to Akanksha AND have the ice-cream at once. After two minutes and thirty-four seconds, Akanksha is still explaining the problem to Shubhi with her tool of empowerment (SOPHIE, of course) and Shubhi madam is alternating tentative glances at the ice-cream with nervous glances at her beloved Brett Lee watch. She interrupts Akanksha mid-way through a sentence and says,” Achcha, so that’s thaaaaaaaaaat? How stupid of me! I get it now. Bye !” and hangs up. She finishes the ice-cream in a record breaking time of 10 seconds.” Time is money after all.
“Ok back to physics”
She dials Aditii’s phone number but alas! Aditii has gone for her dance class. So you see, she calls me now. I am her last resort. We argue for half –an-hour (er-remember, the ice-cream has gone now?) by the end of which both of us convince ourselves that she has got the problem. You see. It is all about faith or maybe conviction. I think, they call it metaphysics. Anyway, I’ll have to confirm it with Shubhi. You see, she knows everything. On Monday, we get the same problem in the test and with a miracle of fate, Shubhi gets that “inscrutable, invincible, poisonous and vicious” 2 mark problem right. It is all about faith as I said earlier. In a fit of exuberance, she argues with the maths teacher the naming of variables. That’s OK ! Atleast be honest to yourselves, haven’t you always wondered why the unknown quantity is always X and not Z. Shubhi has decided that it is time to rid X of its X-factor so Z it shall be. She even says,” MA’AM MOVE” to our French teacher who thinks it is the savage ruffian at the back who said it. That savage ruffian is of course the timid little diffident golden puppy who bears the harsh words. She dare not say anything against our supremo though nothing much would happen but, DOES SHE KNOW THAT? So you see, there is an unmistakable grace, unflagging charm and mastermind intellect in Shubhi who has tought us a very important lesson in life- taking offence is injurious to health!!!!!!!!


Until next time, G’bye.

4 Comments:

Blogger Akanksha said...

lols...this is so damn funny...i'm still laughing!!
true..very true...btw she gets THT ques wrong n so does prachi get it wrong n it makes me feel i'm a failiure u see cause in the morning, i spend all my valueable time which can be better utilized for my revision, in explaining a numerical or anything fer tht matter to prachi(oh...its the same ques i explained shubhi on the sunday!!)n bothof them get it wrong!!
n i'm furious of course cause i get it rite n the method i told them is the easiest on earth.

9:52 AM, April 05, 2005  
Blogger Shubhi said...

God! i liked it! not bad........always knew you were obsessed with me...lolz joking

9:57 AM, April 05, 2005  
Blogger Akanksha said...

n u realli dint forget to use wrds frm the chem book...molases!!!
lols
;D

9:58 AM, April 05, 2005  
Blogger Aditii said...

well v all no wat shubhis like and this really brings her ou!!lols
so both of yuou started again i guess.

2:04 AM, April 06, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home