Saturday, March 26, 2005

Well, today is Holi- a festival, to be honest, I’ve never really look forward to or I should rather put it this way that it’s a festival I’ve never really thought about. Why? You can say I HATE Mess and Holi, is not really a ‘clean’ festival, as to say. This, however, doesn’t imply that I hate Holi cause that’s not the case. I am only amazed at the way people allow themselves to apply colors on their faces, colors, I must specify which do not get off one’s body, easily. I have been wondering for long, the reason we celebrate holy with water balloons and colors. I was so desperate that I even tried to look for the answer on google but couldn’t find one.
Anyways, Shubhi called in the morning and the conversation, as far as I remember went like this:


Me: hello…
Shubhi: HAPPY HOLI!!! (She shouted at the top of her voice)
Me: oh!! Same to you…
Shubhi: so wassup?
Me: (I knew this question was coming) nothing much (except of course the ceiling and the fan and the lights…huh?)
Shubhi: why?? Aren’t you going to play holi??
Me: I told you I don’t play holi…(why do I have to say this again and again and again…sometimes, well, it’s embarrassing). So, anyways what are you doing?
Shibhi: I just came from Shagun’s place…she hit me with an egg on my head and its now come down to my neck, I mean, it’s dried up now…
Me: what?? Eeeks….Shubhi, it’s dried up??
Shubhi: yah, but I hit her with an egg too, so did Avani so, now it’s okay…hahaha
Me: (finding it hard to digest that one of my closest friend is so different from me) okayyy…so what else?
Shubhi: well, the party won’t start before 1300…
Me: well, enjoy yourself.

And then we switched to the Indo-Pak cricket match talk.

After putting the phone down, I thought about the extent of me being a cleanliness freak and realized that, a small part of my heart wanted to go and play holi, but decently, not with eggs, at least!!
But I decided not to go for it, and I don’t think I regret. Well, it’s too small a thing to regret.
Anyways, a very happy holi to all the freaks!!!

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Im not soo dirty as you potray me to be...................
anyways i had a great show polish holi (my face was covered with it)
okay maybe i am..but only druring holi!
shubhi
(to lazy to sign in)

11:03 AM, March 26, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

THTS SO DAMN "EWWWWWWWWW"

10:28 PM, March 26, 2005  
Blogger Aditii said...

god shubhi>>EGGS!!!
anyway yes change da template!

1:28 AM, March 28, 2005  
Blogger Akanksha said...

y so...isn't it cute?

2:05 AM, March 28, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Akansha!

I guess it does pay to sometimes let go of all those inhibitions and let yourself just go.

Whats to lose?

The dirt and the grime can be washed away but the regrets of not having done something or not having lived your life to the fullest is something that always rankles.

6:28 AM, March 29, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Akansha!

I guess it does pay to sometimes let go of all those inhibitions and let yourself just go.

Whats to lose?

The dirt and the grime can be washed away but the regrets of not having done something or not having lived your life to the fullest is something that always rankles.

6:32 AM, March 29, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home