Sunday, April 17, 2005

My brother Raman

Ever had the honor to be in the privileged company of a joker?
Now, he has kept me company or I have kept him company (whichever way you like to put it) since approximately my life so far. He’s amused me in every possible fashion and has also played a very important role in who I am.
Wondering what I’m talking about? Don’t strain your brains for many of you might think yourselves to be lesser mortals and brainless but I believe there is hope for everybody (yes, including you!!).

From watching cricket in the early years to fighting every possible day of our existence, he’s been always there. My passion for cricket is mainly because of him. Those days when I used to sit defeated by an abnormally irritating brother forced to watch cricket and crying desperately to get the remote out of his hands, I remember it used to turn out my way at the end of the day. He used go in a corner, sulk for a minute and then come back again to fight. Those were happy days.

Every morning, my dear brother in an effort less effort of being himself, employs himself to the job of laughing gas. It’s almost impossible to remain serious in his company. Without fail, he’ll stop me from crossing the road and come up with something like ‘aram se chalo, gadi ko lag jaati toh??’

He thinks our country desperately needs ophthalmologists. ‘They said you look 30??? God, what is the world up to?? Poor people, their precious vision!!’ he exclaimed when my mom told him what some people had said about her age. You see she turned 39 yesterday. And here’s what my brother, her dear nephew had to say about this ‘congrats massi!! You’ve finally reached your 45th birthday!!’ My mom, an old lady that she is gasped in surprise at him. And for once her mouth opened to reveal her real age (okay fine I’m exaggerating but I like it!) and well, I knew here I was again giving my ears to all the rubbish he has to say.

God did remember he was sending me to earth and well, he for one fact didn’t intend to leave me in peace. So I was sent into the company of my cousin, Raman Khatri. You do realize I don’t have a sibling to cherish. So, I find peace in criticizing and relating to my dear brother.
He leaves absolutely no stones unturned to tease me and make sure I’m irritated to death but that’s the best part about it all. Though he’s turned a lot more decent now. We do have some serious conversations once in ages. But that’s okay. As long as he remains himself, I’ll be forever crazy about the way he does things for I’ve never seen anybody so absent minded in my entire life.

The other day, I was reading the Gemini horoscope for him and it said…
You spend more time talking than eating, so you are able to stay fairly slim.
WRONG!!WRONG!! I am sure you got the message…lols.

He’ll tease you about your weight and pretend that you never noticed his obesity. He’ll expect you to talk softly and forget the fact that god forgot to send anyone with a voice as loud as his. He might just compliment you if you compliment him. He’ll irritate you cause that is his job and he’ll study hard to get into IIT and by now, practically everyone knows he’ll get through. He is brilliant yet behaves as if there isn’t anyone dumber than him. He’s my brother Raman. We’ve had great times and we’ve had even greater fights but that’s life.

Purahpapapa…I’m loving it!!(background music from Mc Donald’s add and visiuals from perhaps the wicket taking pepsi add when the whole Indian team dances).

1 Comments:

Blogger Shubhi said...

wow...............
must be great living with your brother *wink*

1:38 AM, April 18, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home