Friday, April 15, 2005

Mullberry Street

As i walk down
mullberry street
some stranger
i happen to meet

I think she knows me
from the good old days
back home in delhi
before we parted our ways

for a second
i am compltely taken aback
with her face
many memories flash back

I suddenly remember
who this starnger was
My best friend from high school
who i have completely forgot

She flashed me a big smile
wondered how our paths could cross
uknownst to her
till a second ago i didnt know who she was

She chattered on
how she missed me
didnt realize
how she made me feel guilty
I realized
After graduation day
Not a second i thought
of all those great buddies
I conveniantly forgot.
So wrapped up
in my Life i was
didn't realize
the relationships i lost
all i thought was of my career
i guess i even forgot
those amazing years

She didn't seem to have forgotten
That clearly, i could see
She told me only last week
she had thought of me

In the haste of climbing up
I had forgotten to take me along
what i took was my mind
my heart and soul i did forgot

As i continue
to walk down Mullberry street
i know this place is going to be special to me
since with my soul i did meet

helllozzzz....
okay this poem is damn dumb.............. i was getting bored so i just jotted down some lines....
anyways...i hope nothng of that sort happens to me!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello,
I like yout poem. You are right I wish that doesnt happen to me.
Keep it on. Best of Luck
Tumako

3:15 AM, April 17, 2005  
Blogger Akanksha said...

i can't beleive even broadband does this to you once in a while.
i hate it wen the refrsh page shows up.
anyways, i wnted to say tht i et this fceeling tht if ever tht happens i might be at the receiving end. hv always thot i'm forgettable. don't know if it's true.
i hope this doesn't happen to anyone.
ps.there were some gramitical errors. i'm sure u'll figure out once u read the poem again.

10:49 AM, April 17, 2005  
Blogger Shubhi said...

poetic liecense (*wink*)

1:36 AM, April 18, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home