Tuesday, December 28, 2004

Ganguly OR Dravid??

Hi all,
I don’t have much to write today and there exists no reason for me to write today. In simpler terms, I’m writing for the heck of writing.
So, I have decided to write on a debatable topic (I’m not sure if it really is one, but anyways).
Is Sourav Ganguly the best-suited captain for the Indian cricket team?
Talking about captaincy, one naturally comes to talk about the leadership qualities. A good captain or a good leader is one who has the capability of bringing out the best in his team members and making them realize their true potential.
I think Ganguly has quite successfully been able to achieve the above.
Well, if you know me then it’ll be quite easy for you to guess the answer, which indeed is YES.
Did I hear some people ask me the REASON? Again, its quite clear, nobody else is capable of taking up this prestigious position.
Some psychos might just suggest Virendra Sehwag (he even said once that he would like to captain India). And I obviously don’t have to comment on that. I am sure; anybody would prefer Ganguly to Sehwag.
Other semi-psychos might suggest Sachin Tendulkar. But come on people, its high time he retires.
Maybe, some would raise their voices to argue and come up with Rahul Dravid’s name. I don’t completely disagree. He stands out, has his own class, and I agree but I’m not sure if he’ll be able to handle the captain’s position just as well.
However, Dravid might be the only decent person in our team, experienced enough, to give Ganguly a run for his position. So, let’s consider both of them.
· To begin with, I’d say Dravid is a lot more patient than Ganguly.
· He’s a quite leader; I’d say. Where on the other hand, Ganguly’s a comprehensive leader.
· I think Ganguly has the right amount of aggression required for the game where as Dravid has a teddy bear image. Ganguly gives more astute replies than Dravid.
In any case, both possess qualities of a great leader.
Finally, I’d say Ganguly’s unquestionably the best captain Indian cricket team has ever had. And, Dravid is, probably, the best vice-captain Indian cricket team has ever had.
Also, I believe, with these two excellent people leading our team, we can be better than any team in the world. However, we need to have extremely talented people with the right temperament (like Irfan Pathan, I’d say) and it’s extremely important for them to be in form at all times (am I being too hard? -alright then, most of the times) and have the power to fight back in the hardest of times as a team.
Do put in your suggestions on the topic.
Till my next entry, it’s AKANKSHA signing off.
Ps: Shubhi’s back from Bangalore tomorrow and Aditii's going to Singapore-Malaysia day after tomorrow.

1 Comments:

Blogger Shubhi said...

you might want 2 change ur article alittle after our loss to bagla.
no offense (adhering to ur code)
we can all go back to preaching FULL FLEDGED after we beat some of the more reputed teams. we're having a bad session at the moment.
a4

11:35 AM, December 28, 2004  

Post a Comment

<< Home