Saturday, December 25, 2004

BLAH!!!

Well, it’s Christmas! I thought I wouldn’t write today but anyways.
Tomorrow is the 2nd ODI between India and Bangladesh (how I wish I could have said Pakistan). A lot of records, again, can be made tomorrow. Everybody knows that these matches have been mainly organized to bring the good-feel factor again into the Indian team (which was somehow fading away with each game lost).
Me talking about indo-bangla matches clearly indicates the fact that I have nothing significant to talk about and blog-writing has practically become an addiction. So for me there’s no denying that ‘maybe I’m addicted (but all I wanna say is that ur the only reason tht I’m trying’ – alright sorry, I know u’re not here to read Enrique’s song).
Now, talking about more sensible stuff. I had gone to my nani’s place today with my cousin Raman. We had two chocolate pastries and a brownie. I feel quite bad for that- all those calories playing their game in my already fat-rich body.i’d rather not talk about it anymore. It’s Christmas waise bhi.
All right, after all this blabbering, I finally have something to tell everybody. It’s a bit senti stuff but that’s what I love about it.
I always knew that nothing like santa clause existed and all this, though nice but was a fantasy which was an adult’s creation. I don’t appreciate it anymore and this is the story, which completely changed my opinion ie this is the story responsible for it. After all, a fantasy is a fantasy is a fantasy (just like I am who I am who I am).
Here’s a little story I read on the net when I was young(which I obviously still am but this was about 5-6 years ago). Its in my own words as I remember it and a lot of parts are missing. It may not have the same impact as it had on me ‘cause I am not even near writing like the way it was written.
Year: 1950
Location: South hall, London, England
It was a gloomy morning on the 25th of December, which also happened to be the Christmas Eve. Mr. Robinson was waiting outside room no.1208, waiting for the good news. His wife was in labor. Both of them had talked about the baby and the joy it was going to bring them. They didn’t care about the gender of the baby but the baby alone. Ten minutes later, he was informed to be the proud father of a healthy baby girl. He was, of course, joyous.
As his wife’s name was Eva and his name Lynon, the name of the baby girl was kept Evelyn.
Ten years later:
Evelyn had started going to school and she was. She had, till then, grown into a loving and obedient girl. Her parents were proud of her but she was pampered to a great extent. One of her qualities that aroused fear in her parents was her belief in everybody and in everything.
Well, what they didn’t know was that they had to a large extent made her believe in the fantasy of Christmas ie santa clause.
The story further describes the time she found out the truth and her reaction to that which is ultimately death.
It may sound dumb to a lot of people but as the saying goes ‘don’t judge a thing till u know what’s inside it.’ It’s amazing how the author has put forth every situation. It’s a mesmerizing journey through a girl’s life in her part of the world. And it’s a true story.
I’ll try to get it for u people if I get it on the net. It’ll be difficult though as the author was some anonymous.
Till my next entry, it’s AKANKSHA signing off.
MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!
Ps: Aditii, I luv ur poem, I really do.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

weeeeeeee looooooooooooossssssssssttttttttt!can u simply believe it.i have not got over it yet.akanksha have or have u not got the so-called'good feel'.a lot of records were also broken-Bangladesh's FIRST ever win over india,FIRST win in their own country......blah,blah!!!!!well too talk about addiction commenting on this blog has become mine.well i really think it is a good practice.well that story was very 'touching'.
p.s. did u hear about the'tidal tragedy'?

11:09 AM, December 26, 2004  
Blogger Shubhi said...

to:anonymous
well, i dont mind u commenting and ur addiction is in a lot of ways convinient to this blog. if u were mocking while saying that the story was touching then think again.
i know about the tragedy and also about the match. bangladeshis played very well but dont forget the fact that a lot of inexperienced players were playing from indias side and i think indians take a lot of things for granted.this should be a lesson for them.
ps.just in case u r in my section, r class won the cricket match against I section.

9:54 PM, December 26, 2004  

Post a Comment

<< Home