Monday, May 15, 2006

Maul mein sociology

Having gone to the maul(mall for the semantically challenged), I think I can safely take the liberty of commenting on this ‘substitute world.’ The eventful morning was swathed in yellow sunshine. I woke up at 10. That’s routine. I distinctly remember that I’d had a bad dream. So what’s new???????? My mom asked me to be ready by 11 as we were to leave for the maul per se. I was promptly ready by 11:20 but we couldn’t leave before 12 which is totally my brother’s fault. Why does he have to importune my bathroom with his oh so unwanted presence? He takes eternity to get ready. I hate his guts. He was blaming me. What nerve I tell you!! We were going because he wanted floaters. When we were coming out of nike, I held the door open for this dudette. It’s a totally chronic thing. She was talking on her cellphone and deigned to give me an eloquent glance as if in commemoration of the fact that I were her chauffeur. silence is golden. Wrong, silence can be patronizing. Hence began my expedition. I almost convinced my brother to get a cute pair of pink floaters. The salesman helped me in my noble endeavor. He didn’t take the bait. I got the pair for myself. Yeah, I succumbed to the world of pop couture. I think jug suraiya wrote that everyone between 12 and 24 is a maul brat. He was talking about IQ. Though my affirmation does not hold good/convincing/whatever, the veracity of these lines should not be doubted. We had a meal at pizza hut and three guys about my age were sitting in the vicinity. We were eating in synchronization. I figured they had performed the feat of achieving the ultimate nadir of IQ and I remembered suraiya. And it’s not like they were cute either. Fusssssss. I went to archies to get a card for mothers day. My brother was still pigging. Mom was with him. And the next thing I know is that the guys are back. The fake jewelry section this time. They were embarrassed when I saw them but sought my help anyway. I chose a pair of chunky earrings. The kind I never wear. They bought them. ha ha ha !!!! Conclusion: Sociologists can experiment in mauls

2 Comments:

Blogger School Girls from Hell said...

you are a gem to this world and the intellectual society of the world at large.
i bow at the feet of your deep wisdom which can only come from a tedious visit to the harshest of all places ie the MAUL.

PS-I hv tried to sound like aarushi

10:07 AM, May 21, 2006  
Blogger Aarushi said...

well done. you have mastered the art of self-disparagement. i bow at thy feet. humour never hurts.

3:08 AM, May 22, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home