Monday, May 08, 2006

Pity VS I

Can this be? Has it been done before? Do others think that it is possible? When you abscond yourself and forsake your independent judgment, you become a zombie and lose your sense of reality. Reality becomes relation. Judgment, recurrence. Creation, plagiarism. Merit, mirage. Pity, virtue. Pity, one of the cardinal evils on earth is portrayed as an embodiment of virtue. I think it’s monstrous. I went for a social service camp and I saw it many people’s eyes. I saw pity. I did not see kindness. I did not like it. Who were these people consoling? Themselves or the people they were seeing? Ayn rand wrote,” It’s easier to donate a few thousands to charity and to think oneself noble than to base self-respect on personal standards of personal achievement.” Do you feel noble when there is an accident in front of your eyes on the road and you turn away in ‘revulsion’ and ‘pity?’ My idea is not to resent these people. I cannot resent them. The only difference between them and us is that we were born lucky. But it is also true that everyone is endowed with the faculty of judgment and choice eventually. I don’t want to pity them. I want to enable them. The day pity becomes an outlet of your incompetence, you will lose your sense of self. Keep it at bay.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was commenting individually on each entry but my pc just went crazy and hung...so here goes my second attempt!

@Aarushi - Here is something I had written on similar lines albeit in a different perspective.

http://thehissingsaint.journalspace.com/?entryid=216

I loved the last couple of lines...true said!

@Shubhi - It sure was a nice gesture on the part of your sister but will it really do any good for the kid.

Kids learn fast and things like these only serve as a kind of reinforcement them. Kind of I need to do this to get this. And believe i have seen lots of examples of this on the streets of Mumbai.

Talking about Money...its not the most important thing...but it sure does help those gifted with the power of compassion to continue their good work.

@Akanksha- LOL at the Aviral incident.

6:11 AM, May 09, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

was quite good yaar ....

i mean seriously some food for thought.......

8:52 AM, May 13, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

heavy stuff...really!!

12:15 PM, May 13, 2006  
Blogger Aarushi said...

next time ill rite sumthing light.ill try. i think i can do it.

10:13 AM, May 15, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

completely true....but ya try something light !

3:12 AM, May 23, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home