Thursday, April 20, 2006

Guess whose back...

...after an unusually long break from the good ol' blogging world!!!

Unrequited

I cross a bridge
in hope of solace
but as my
ineluctable destiny
designs adversity,
a question lingers.

I seek to resist
the appalling change
but the pain is inevitable.
So in the midst of my flight
a question lingers.

I hum a bemused tune,
mystified by time.
And as the ruins of my
previous self pass me by,
a question lingers.

I see a ray of hope
cause it wasn’t long back
that I knew solitude.
Not yet vanquished,
unrequited, that question lingers
.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

More talk of adversities!

Are you sure you gals just finished off your boards or were the papers so bad!!

LOL!

Jokes apart...this really is a beautiful piece.

I am curious and tempted to ask what inspired this but somehow I know you are not gonna reveal that.

11:10 PM, April 20, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

And hey...good to see you back!

11:11 PM, April 20, 2006  
Blogger Aarushi said...

the boards were bad.not one paper was cent % perfect.sob.maybe its the things 2 come.uncertainty lingers.
nice poem.

10:53 PM, April 21, 2006  
Blogger Akanksha said...

@Alex
I would've perhaps revealed the reason to this poem if it were possible to put it in words but I gess sumtimes there r thing u dnt understand urself.

Thanks...its gud to b back!!!
:)

@Rushi
Maybe.

5:32 AM, April 22, 2006  
Blogger ThinkingWanderer said...

haye bhagwan!!
this ladki would give wordsworth & shelley a huge complex!
beautifully written!:)

10:16 AM, May 03, 2006  
Blogger Akanksha said...

**utterly flattered**
LOL!!Thanks!!

:)

5:46 AM, May 04, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home