Monday, January 30, 2006

Mom

My mom is the greatest teacher in the whole world, not because she faces a classroom of 40 sleep-deprived-unwashed students 5 days a week but because what I have learnt from her was not taught to me. I have learnt to live and learn from her. I have learnt to never lose heart. Mother is the ubiquitous axiom in everyone’s life(everyone my age) who knows where to find you when you can’t find yourself, who gives you courage, who tells you that you can, who introduces you to the business of life without being businesslike herself, who always has a story to tell, who is the other in you. My mother actually believes that there is a solution to the problem called
Me- my indecisiveness, my-Einstein-fickle-mindedness (which-believe-you-me-does-not-suit-me-specially-without-the-einstein-brain) besides other things and she tells me so without being taut. I hope that I can give her credit for this. I feel blessed. My blessing is my mother. I have not done anything great in these 15 years and when I read about endless poverty and hunger, deep down I feel guilty. My gain is someone’s loss and of course there is the theory of natural selection and Herbert spencer’s wretched ‘survival of the fittest.’ I read about mothers ending their lives-a harrowing act of terminal despair. It is then that I feel that I must make her proud. She deserves it after all.

6 Comments:

Blogger Akanksha said...

I wish I could shout my head off at you for writting this but I can't...

But for future references, I only have to tell u as much; u kno there sum moms reading this blog (atleast mine is!!!).

6:26 AM, January 30, 2006  
Blogger Akanksha said...

*writing

PS. I cant stop laughing at wot I just wrote!!!

Okay, its the sweetest thing I've read lately...

6:29 AM, January 30, 2006  
Blogger Radhika said...

awwwww.. damn sweet

2:02 AM, January 31, 2006  
Blogger Maverick said...

Hey wats more, you have a great taste in music.

5:40 AM, January 31, 2006  
Blogger Aarushi said...

thanku guys. i cant believe u actually understood what i wrote !!!!!!!!

8:01 AM, January 31, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi ms. laughy?

u r damn cool at writing
i know coz i don't read or write........well i'm sure a lot of people don't.....

i was truly amazed at how u could go on saying one thing - 'mom is a god that takes care of every aspect of my life no matter wat it is and wat the hell u thik about'

Mr. maverick i'm too sorry that u couldn't make that out from her profile

5:52 AM, March 25, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home