Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Musings of a miserable soul...

Past few days have been extremely hectic. And a great deal at that.

French, geography assignments, civics project, bio and chemistry lab files, history assignments, physics assignments, economics assignment…a month to go for the half yearly exams…
And I haven’t completed anything. I know it’s preposterous and I know I’m impossible. Thank you very much.

What the heck? This isn’t even half as busy as I’m going to be in the next 2 years. And come to think about it, in 2 months from now. Okay, so the half yearly are already here and the next thing I’ll know, we’ll be up against the pre-boards and then the boards.

You see, I have no grave problems like staring at posters or stuff of that sort but to get the concentration together when there’s so much work to do is hard for people like me. The best I am doing is keeping myself from watching the matches and reading Atlas Shrugged.

Now today, when I realized (with the rest of the class) how much work I had to do, I was so miserable that all I could do was laugh. You know the loud-cries-for-help-type-laughter.

Just incase you find out WHAT possible pictures can one get for a project like UN and India, except Indian soldiers lined up in some weird place, please let me know. I will be extremely grateful.

I hope there would be a day, like the old times (one month back to be precise) when I would have all my work completed. I know it’s too much to ask but still…

This entry is all I can afford for now.

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Which class are you in?

2:38 AM, September 22, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yea i no th work load has been constantly increasing.. its really gettin a lot and th worst part, which i hav been emphasizing for so long, is tht evry teacher thinks theirs is the only subject we have to study and th work they giv is all v hv to do..its crazy!
But i guess we cant really help it. Frm whati v herd 10th is 'absolutely nothing' and here we are just cribbing away! But instead of doin sum work v also r just sittin n complaining;D..
But th case with me is also similar.. just seeing th amount of work i shrug it off and just do whatevr has 2 b submitted th next day though completing tht has also become a big task now..

Radhika Malik

p.s.- the syllabus for the examz is sooo huge nd v hav no time 2 prepare! I hav no idea wots gonna happen..
p.p.s- if u cant find any pics on UN & India you can instead stick newspaper articles. Last year even I was thinking of doing my project on UN and ther wer loads of articles specially relating to the Security council issue..

8:56 AM, September 22, 2005  
Blogger Akanksha said...

Tenth already is so crazy!!
I hv no idea how I'm going to handle the next few yrs...
I have a couple of articles tht I kept aside. I think I'll have to do with them. And the hand shaking poses of Manmohan Singh & Kofi Anan.

9:08 AM, September 22, 2005  
Blogger Shubhi said...

i think tenth is awesome
organic chem beautiful history
u people r so duh!

3:06 AM, September 23, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My prayers are coming your way!

;)

3:31 AM, September 23, 2005  
Blogger Akanksha said...

Shubhi, enough of ur sarcasm...

Alex, we all desperately need them.
:)

4:30 AM, September 23, 2005  
Blogger kretika said...

hey!!chill out ppl!!it is just half yearly!!n not boards... da course might b 2 much but u can say thanks 2 monday test that we keep on revisin!!lol.. enjoy life n stop cribbin ... sci is ok maths mein i guess circles stinks big time n in sst geo may take time due da states n stuff n dont tell me u bothered bout eng????lol

3:40 AM, September 26, 2005  
Blogger Akanksha said...

Na, not exactly bothered about eng.

10:45 AM, October 01, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

seriously, 10th is "nuffin" compared to 12th, or even 11th, for that matter... (i know that's not what you wanted to hear) So I'll say this: hang in there, guys! Remember, hard work always pays in the end.

8:55 AM, October 03, 2005  
Blogger Akanksha said...

Hey FD!
I think I sort of had an idea how bad 11th n 12th can turn out to be n I know 10th is nthn in comparisn to those next 2 years.
Anyway, thanks for dropping by...

9:39 AM, October 03, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home