Sunday, July 17, 2005

What a weekend...

Seriously. I haven’t had a better weekend for so long. Everything seemed to have fallen in place. Saturday particularly was one of the most awesome days. I really did have the time of my life, reading the best book so far of the HP series.

Saturday started off with a surprise. I woke up late. My dad had come. I was talking to him about how excited I was with HP6 released. We kind of sorted out the plans. I was to take my bath and then go with him to get the book. I had my breakfast and then suddenly my parents wanted to go shopping which meant I could not have started with the book before lunch.

Taking into consideration my super slow speed of reading books and of course the fact that I wanted to get over with reading the book on the same day, I started persuading them to drop their plans. They didn’t seem to pay heed to my demands. My tone was still pleading when my dad dropped the pretence. He pulled the book from underneath the pillow and handed it to me. And the rest they say was worth recording. I was running around the house, shouting at the top of my voice, kissing the book.

I finished reading it by the evening. But I must say there were times I wanted to kill Shubhi. She had as a matter of fact called me up in the morning and had announced Bill and Fleur’s marriage. This part however was revealed early on. She had apparently read the last page of the book- typical of her. I forgave her for this. But when I was a bit over halfway through the book, this woman calls me up, crying. I naturally did get worried. Then it turns out, she is crying because of the book. This made one thing obvious. I knew someone very crucial was going to be dead. I know you would say that was already known but the confirmation before I was prepared to take it was what did the harm. During the rest of the book, I kept wondering who it would be. I know I was sub-cautiously doing that but now it had become more apparent. Anyway I did figure out I had to stop contemplating Shubhi’s murder and continue reading.

My parents however did go for some work. They came back late at night which meant I was left free to read the book in peace.

Saturday ended with me finishing the book.

As far as today is concerned, I loved it as well. Anoushaka turned three today. I spent the day at her birthday party.

It was a truly amazing weekend.

And before I forget, it’s Jada’s birthday tomorrow. Got to go, send her wishes.

3 Comments:

Blogger Shubhi said...

i love ruining surprises!!!!

12:35 AM, July 19, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

U finished that big fat book in one single day!!!!!!!

4:02 AM, July 24, 2005  
Blogger Akanksha said...

Pumpkin!!!

Alex, most of the people I know finished the book the same day...

1:57 AM, July 26, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home