Sunday, April 24, 2005

My contrasting life

India won 2 consecutive ODIs leaving no doubt about its ‘patent’ win in the series but right in the next match, Pakistan emerged as the winners and subsequently won the series.

This was, perhaps not the exact but similar scene with me. I couldn’t do much but wonder how contrasting two consecutive days could be. Everything about today was gloomy. Right from Sachin Tendulkar’s birthday (yes, for some reason…I’ve never liked him. He is highly over rated, I think or at least for now) to the heavy evening rain. You see, I usually enjoy rains but with all the pollen grains and everything, my allergies did not leave me in peace or at least there was some psychological thing there at the back of my mind.
Then of course, my dad had to leave yet again. It’s not the best thing in the world to live without one parent and especially if that parent is your dad. You know what I mean! But I do have one relieving factor. My mom would be leaving for Australia during my summer vacations. YAY!!
Getting back to the point, I loved yesterday. It was so pleasant as in the way the day went. I got up at the usual 7:30 in the morning. Like every holiday, I got 2 hours of extra sleep. Bless the weekends. If you know me then you might just be wondering why I am contradicting myself cause I love going to school more than anything but it mostly depends on the kind of day I have and well, there are numerous other factors taken into consideration too.
Then my parents left for shopping. There has been a lot of shopping going on nowadays since my cousin is getting married on the 6th of the next month. Like always, I’ve tried my level best to stay away from shopping cause in simple words I totally hate it. And I have no clue how people can shop all the time. One of my aunts exclaimed, ‘arre Akanksha, aap mammi ke saath kyun nahi jaatein? Kam se kam pata toh hona chahiyein ki kya khareedna hai’. You see, the thing is that my mom and I don’t really make an effort to agree on one thing. Thus, I let her have the pleasure to decide such things.
Now, one fine day my mom decided that I should wear a suit on the sagan ceremony and I had no option but to agree mainly cause of the reason that I have no intentions to go shopping for myself. And well, I haven’t owned or worn a proper suit before.

Where was I? Okay, then my naani and nanna came. We chatted for a long time and then left for my massi’s place. We had a lovely time there and had our dinner. Then, we chatted there too. There were demands from Sanya and Anoushka to play and I had to play.I enjoyed a lot. We even clicked some pics. I’ll post them as soon as massi mails them to me.
While talking to my cousin Raman, I realized he wasn’t going to be there anymore after this week till the end of the summer vacations, with me at the bus stop. I questioned him every minute why he had to go. Though I knew he has to- first to Bangalore, for training for KVPY and then to Bombay for some thing for the International Maths Olympiad. I won’t see him for almost a month. God, who am I going to fight with? I already miss him. Anyways, I know he has to go.
After the dinner, we came back home and slept.
Today, I had to prepare for the French Monday test and literature already sucks big time. Anyways, I really need to go and get some sleep. Not that it’s too late but I feel very sleepy.
Good Night!

4 Comments:

Blogger Shubhi said...

awww...poor baby
yr brother goe... me gone...
wat th ehell ru gonna do?

7:26 AM, April 25, 2005  
Blogger Akanksha said...

u do realize u r not going before june..so i don't really need to worry on tht account!
n well, raman is leaving this friday...:(
n i'm going to chandigarh the next friday(prachi's b'day, i miss).

7:10 AM, April 26, 2005  
Blogger Shubhi said...

ooh will u miss skool (PLZ!!!)

12:13 AM, April 27, 2005  
Blogger Akanksha said...

much to ur displeasure, i will.

8:40 AM, April 28, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home