Monday, March 14, 2005

Yesterday and tomorrow

I had a wonderful day yesterday except some parts of it. My day started at 4 in the morning yesterday and I slept after midnight but I really enjoyed a lot. Read on to find out more.

I went to Vrindavan (the place where lord Krishna grew up) and Agra with my parents, my grand parents, my 2 massis and their family. In all there were 10 adults (I am including Raman (17) and me) and 2 kids (Sanya and Anushka).
The initial plan was to go to Mathura (the birth place of Lord Krishna) and Vrindavan but it took us a lot of time in Vrindavan, to see the temples. The temples were not very gorgeous but most of them were associated with a lot of legends.
I visited a temple called Madhuban. We were told that the temple closes in the evening because lord Krishna dances with his gopis at night and whoever has witnessed this, has died.
It’s hard to believe but nothing is impossible.
We headed to Agra at about 3 in the afternoon. And thus, could only see Taj Mahal. I don’t need to say any thing about it. Do I?
I can never forget yesterday for more than one reason.
We were told to take off our specs while in one or two of the temples, as there were a lot of monkeys. I had been holding my specs in my hands and had been cursing myself for not wearing my contact lenses. I was standing near the river Yamuna and looking at the boats when a monkey jumped on me. Bless the guide who immediately, pushed him off my back thus preventing any harm. My back ached for a minute or so but my heartbeat did not relax till I was in the car.

I sort of saw, what they call ‘the real India’ yesterday, through the lanes of Vrindavan. It was bad but true. The conditions are even worse in some other parts of the country. I was shocked for I never thought that the government would be doing so little to maintain the places of religious and cultural importance. I always knew the Indian govt. to be incompetent and corrupt but I just wish they would do something.

Tomorrow is the first day of the 10th standard. The day I have feared since I got to know the whole concept of boards but strangely, I don’t feel nervous. Maybe, cause I just want to get over with it. Tomorrow will be just the beginning and I think I am ready to take it on.
I just hope everything goes fine.
I got to go now.

4 Comments:

Blogger Shubhi said...

had fun im presumin..while i get bored!

4:18 AM, March 14, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nicely written Aks!

Just an observation....

Strange why we are always taught that Gods are untouchable and inaccessible!

Like the Madhuban temple incident you mentioned.

It is I guess one of the reasons why I find my faith in religion fading fast.

6:16 AM, March 16, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

And hey.....all the best for the year ahead.

10th Grade can sometimes be the worst year.

All this while you would freak around and enjoy life and then all of a sudden your parents and relatives start breathing hot and cold over you for "wasting a single minute not studying"

Just remember that there is more to life than just a plain marksheet.

Its ultimately your attitude that counts.

Take care and have a great year ahead

6:19 AM, March 16, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey
u went 2 vrindavan and u saw sum temples. 2mro is the 1st day of the 10th standard or i shud say that day was the 1st day of 10th.
so.....
Congratulations and celebrations...


wotevr it was nicely rittn

9:13 AM, March 20, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home