Tuesday, March 22, 2005

class 10

Note-:This entry was written on 19th and posted on 22th so their might me some irrelevant points.
Hello!!!!!!!!!!
Friends, romans, countrymen, countrywomen, citymen, citywomen, zombies, looneys, anaemic shakaharis, bloodthirsy dragons (vindication of blood pressure) and what have you. I am back. Ok. Try reading the following lines in a sing-song voice:-
How does it feel ? (westlife-your favourite gay band)
How does it feel?
You say it best when you say nothing at all. (Remember that famous ballad?)
I can bet my shoelaces that you probably got a cue of what I am trying to say? I’ll spare you thought and break the ice. Right from the neighborhood bignose to the cablewallah ask me when the result is, how does it feel to be in the TENTH and what I will take next year. To these three inevitable questions, I recite the by-now-spontaneous answers. If you mean the passing-out day by the result day then it is on the 24th of this month by our schools latest “awareness program which ostensibly aims at building a cohesive and interactive relationship between matashri, pitashri and not so self-effacing people at school who have been sent to earth by the almighty to make us open our months and wag our tongues and twitch our noses and shuffle our feet and do numerous other such tics at everymove they make, everystep they take (police). “ That was kind of long but read it once again and it will probably get through your declared fat head as some people (you know who) put it. I was actually referring to the new instrument of empowerment- the acknowledgement slip (or slip-offs). To the second question about my own feeling I just shrug my shoulders and say that it feels ok but honestly, I feel like a seesaw. I don’t know what to think. Statistically speaking, there have been more than 300 attempted suicides this year because of examinations. Forgive me or forgive me not (who cares) for using the cliché but WHO IS TO BLAME?Us, Our friends, our teachers, our parents, the media. The board classes are hyped out of proportion (I know that you’ll be thinking why I wrote hyped out of proportion and not blown out of proportion? The earth revolves around the sun for a reason-the gravitational pull Duh and so I used the former and not the latter as an instrument of hyperbole which is actually a figure of speech). Getting back to the point, we have been in the tenth for 3 days now and not a day has gone when the teachers at school haven’t reminded us that we are in the board class, that we must be regular, that we must be disciplined, that we must be focused and that we are big now. It’s in their subconscious by now . Three doses of the prescribed board morsel everyhalf hour and ofcourse the bonus gesticulations and countenance are icing on the cake. I don’t know about your parents but my parents are cool when it comes to academics. Sometimes they don’t even know what the exam was until after I have given it. Mommy says, “Aarushi it’s Ok if you get 5% less this time but You must play tennis 6 days a week.” That is why I am writing this or else I would have been studying. I am a very parents’ fearing person. The media is well …………… like the media does. We are helpless. Our conspicuous silence and screaming self-pity is mistaken for meek acceptance. The same holds good for the school but on a smaller scale. A comprehensive change in our academic system is the need of the hour. The Friday third period will get us nowhere. I usually either say that I will take humanities or that I don’t know what I will take to the third question but if I could truly say what I want to, I would say that I am dropping out. I will not take humanities and I do have a faint idea about what I will take and I will never drop out but I say what I say because I do not mistake their apathetic intrigue and intervention for genuine concern and ofcourse the subsequent remarks are not very rational and intellectual. Their life will not end if I make the wrong decision. Or will it? So people, it is you- your being who matters at the end. Do not fall prey to such traps. Keep your head cool. My b’day usually comes during the exams but this time it was one week after the exams so my friends gave me a card which was sorry to say this guys-signed by some dimwits (only kidding) but that’s not the point . the cover of the card said sweet 15. It is proverbial that I will not get the special treatment next year because of you know what so they wrote ’16 for next year because of the boards’ below that. This shows that we are already vulnerable. When my mum saw the card she said that you and your friends always have the boards on your mind. Ever since my mum pointed out the ’16 for next year’ , it has become very prominent even glaring even though it has been written in barely visible silver ink.I have safely tucked the card away and I have promised myself that I will once again have a look at the card after the boards with my head held high and a smile on my face.
By the way this time my B’day was really special and different. It had to be what with the others being spent pouring over the social studies book. The phone would ring after every 15 minutes. Shipra called up from Bahrain and we talked for a good 10 minutes. She was supposed to come today and she’ll be coming to school on Monday. If she comes to our section, it will truly be the best b’day present ever.
Aarushi

4 Comments:

Blogger Akanksha said...

hey nice 1...but too long...temme smthing do u intend to write for once so as to not write for the next 5 yrs???lols
anyways..i'll make the amends..shipra has gotten i section n thts bad..it wuld've been so much better if she was wid us.
ps. u forgot to enter in the poles.

2:59 AM, March 22, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i agree wid akanksha. it was a nice 1 but 2 long.
takes 2much patienc 2 sit and read it which i dnt hav
Radhika

3:38 AM, March 22, 2005  
Blogger Shubhi said...

can it be longer!!!!!!!!!!
but yeah nice 1...zombies, acountrymen watevr
we rnt obsessed bout the boards jst a little scared

4:00 AM, March 22, 2005  
Blogger Aditii said...

too long!(but evy1s said tht already!) its a gud 1 though. how r ur tennis classes?

6:47 AM, March 22, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home