Wednesday, March 09, 2005

Down the memory lane...

I know it’s been a long long time since I wrote last. But any ways, now that the exams are done with, much to my pleasure, I will write more often
First thing first, I would like to dig down the session of the ninth standard, which, much to my displeasure has come to an abrupt end, leading or I’d rather say propelling us in the tenth standard.
To begin with was the day our results of the 8th standard, were officially put on display, outside the school. I, for some reason had not bothered to accompany Shubhi, Aditii and Radhika. Shubhi had promised to call me as soon as she reached home.
The results were not important since we already knew them but the important fact here, was that the 8th batch going in the 9th standard, as always, was to be shuffled. We knew we had good impressions on our teachers but still the fear of the possibility of us not being in the same section did not intend to leave us.
I remember being at my grand mother’s place and thus calling up Shubhi.
Here, I would also like to mention (since everybody’s been telling me I’ve changed a lot) that I, at that time, was very very sensitive, reserved and there were very few people who actually knew the true me and in my then- class, only Shubhi, Aditii and Karishma.
A lot of people might say, I had prejudices but actually I didn’t. When I had joined this school in the latter part of 6th or you can say in 7th, I was treated badly by some certain people, who might be okay with the rest of the world but with me, they were not.
Thus, even the thought of being put in a section as theirs was definitely not a pleasant one.
As I was put on a hold while Shubhi was given the phone, I remember thinking of the worse scenario. Then, Shubhi told me that I was put with Radhika (Rads) in one section while Aditii and she were put in another. To be honest, I was not sad or even very disappointed cause I at least had Rads but still, I knew it would’ve been better if we all were in one section but all I could do was wish. Shubhi waited for my reply and when I said nothing she shot at me, saying that I was actually put in a lone section with some 2-3 girls (I don’t want to mention their names), who I didn’t like much, actually, I didn’t like at all. Lone, I call it cause the rest of the class would’ve been alien to me. Then what, two fat tears rolled down my eyes and all I managed to say was, ‘so, here we are’. When she realized I was going to start crying any moment, she blurted out the truth. Aditii, Aarushi, Shubhi and I were put in one section and Rads was put in another. I was relieved but sad for Rads. I’m just glad that even after being in different sections, we’re good friends.
Ninth changed me, I agree but not as a person. It’s only that I’ve opened up a lot more. It’s been a transformation from an introvert to an ambivert, I guess.
I’m quite happy with the way 9th has shaped out. I have become closer to my friends than ever before and this was the first session of this school that I actually enjoyed.
It’s taken me a while to settle down. But now, I’m happy. And that’s what matters. Though 10th is coming up but I’m not as much scared as I though I would be.
I think I really need to stop writing cause I’m sure of Aditii complaining about my long entries. Besides, the real reason is that I got to go and watch the Indo-Pak match. It’s so interesting, especially when India is winning:)

4 Comments:

Blogger Shubhi said...

nice one..you know wat. I am going to disagree with you. i dont feel you are very changed..Yes you try to show that you have. But from inside i think you are still..the same..

5:39 AM, March 12, 2005  
Blogger Akanksha said...

uhuhu...beleive me the whole purpose of writing this was to get to know how many ppl think i've really changed

7:34 AM, March 12, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

this 1 is really well written. Its truly the best piece according 2 me. Everything she has written is true. I was really sad wen i saw the promotion list and i even told my mom 2 get my section changed but it couldnt happen. But now im happy that i didnt end up in their section- its full of GEEKS. Class 9 for me has been really good. Ive enjoyed it alot.
This 1 is really the best
Rads

9:23 AM, March 20, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ps- i dno if uve changd or not but i hav certainly chaged.

9:24 AM, March 20, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home