Saturday, January 01, 2005

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

Well, I finally saw swades today and my mum has been, ever since, belligerently complaining of headache and blaming me for taking her (dragging her, in her terms) to see it. She definitely doesn’t like the movie and how was I to know that she can’t stand a documentary- like- movie of 3.5 hrs.
Honestly, even after everybody telling me not to see the movie, I saw it and I don’t regret a bit. I think the movie was quite good. Of course, not as good as Lagaan but who cares? I would actually suggest everybody to go see the movie. I think SRK has given one of his best performances in this movie. I don’t think the actress, Gayatri Joshi, did complete justice to her role but she is very pretty. And, besides it’s her first movie, so, probably she can be excused.
I’m too lazy to write the movie’s summary, which is available all over.

One of my friends, Prerna, from my previous school, St. Thomas’, called today. We talked for quite a while after which I had to put down the phone cause I was getting late for the 11:30 show of swades. The moment I heard her voice, I was overwhelmed with joy and after talking to her, my ebullient spirits gave way to nostalgia. Incidents and moments, I thought never had registered in my mind were actually always there, somewhere in a small corner of my mind.

It was, I guess, when I was around 9 years old i.e. in class 4 or 5. Prerna, Tanya and I had become very good friends and I remember this particular summer day, during our break or recess (some people like to call), we promised each other to remain as good friends (in those days, we used to call it ‘best friends’) as we were then, for the rest of our lives. In the following year, Tanya left the school and then, in 6th, I did. It’s been a long time since, over 3 yrs. We, however, lost contact with Tanya as she shifted her house or some reason like that. As far as Prerna is concerned, we still talk and I believe, are friends.

I don’t remember much of Tanya and as far as describing Prerna is concerned, in my opinion, she is the sweetest person I’ve come across. She’s the kind of person, who’ll always be there for her friends, no matter what it takes.
After talking to her, I started thinking about the rest of my friends in St. Thomas’. One of them being Jada, who is now in Australia. I am still in contact with her through e-mail. She is a wonderful person. The last time I talked to her, was in the month of September, last year, I guess when she was here, in India. She had developed a complete accent. For a moment, I thought, she had forgotten Hindi. She is, well, all that patriotic- Indian-types. I remember, her writing to me on the Independence Day that she had gone to this particular place where all the Indians had gathered to celebrate the Independence Day. She was so excited about the whole thing. And once she told me that she was going to get some Hindi classes (the same Hindi which my friends and I have left for French, in school!!!).
its AKANKSHA signing off.

1 Comments:

Blogger Restless in Delhi said...

hey
i was never really friends with prerna..i only remember that she was superb in hindi.she got a 97 or something once right??and i do rmbr jada.i was with her once for some dance thing(remeber miss bose?)and thats wen i found out that she was so sweet.later,pooja (remeber her?) used to keep telling me stuff 'bout her in the bus.by the way...are you in touch with shreya also?? i have heard (&seen with my own eyes) she has become half as thin as she was earlier.what ho!!

10:08 PM, January 05, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home