Friday, December 31, 2004

THE NEW YEAR

Well, it’s the last day of the year 2004, which quite obviously means that tomorrow will be the first day of the year 2005.
Talking of 2005, even as I’m writing this, I can feel myself shivering (not due to the cold, though but out of fear). 2005 is the year I’ve feared ever since I got to know about the concept of board exams. And there is no denying the fact we all FEAR the tenth standard, no matter what we may say or for that matter, the world may say.
I find no relief in the fact that I’ll turn 15 in the coming year, which will unfortunately start tomorrow. I am even ready to give up my next 5 Birthdays in return of elongated year of 2004. I just want the time to stop; I don’t want to let go of this day. I feel like shouting to the world to take this year and make it grow, never let it, never end.
I even have an alternative, to go to the past or even the future forever. But damn these scientists –haven’t made the time machines as yet.
This year has passed quite quickly. I was in Ranthambore, a wildlife sanctuary, exactly a year ago and that day I can never forget as it was the day I went into a full-fledged jungle, the first time and saw a tigress in its natural habitat, calling for its cubs. It was as if yesterday that I was in Ranthambore with my binoculars on.
Its just so weird how time can pass on so fast. It is, after all, the most powerful thing, doesn’t even wait for the wealthy and influential people.
I have a very sinking feeling with the coming of this year, not because I am scared of hard work but because I don’t want to grow up.
Ever since I had the power to understand stuff, I always used to wonder, while seeing Alladin or any mythological serial that when people are granted a wish, why don’t they ask for infinite wishes. I used to fantasize a genie coming to me and asking me for a wish. Such is the sweetness and innocence of childhood, to which I want to go back.
On the contrary, the world is so dark, full of conspiracies and awfully dire.
Sometimes, I wonder what it would be to grow up and how do all these grown ups cope up with the challenges of life and the responsibilities. They must be so depressed and always longing to go back to the time they were kids, free from all tensions, free to play and enjoy life.
How I wish I would never grow up and always remain a child. I don’t even mind being dumb.
I hope heaven’s listening.
Though I have a long list of wishes to be fulfilled, I am sure God won’t mind attending to at least the top 10.
In any case, my wish list will never end but unfortunately for me, this year is ending.
However, I don’t mind taking greetings and also wishing everybody a very Happy New Year.
Till my first post of the New Year, it’s AKANKSHA signing off.
Ps: nobody’s picking up Priya’s phone, which means she’s not yet back from Kerala. I hope she and her family are fine. And Shubhi, what were you saying about Akshara in Andamans?

1 Comments:

Blogger Shubhi said...

akshara didnt go dere afterall she had change of plan she told me she was going south and so even makin a projct on temples(btw she didnt go there coz all hotels were booked!)
ADITII

7:17 AM, January 03, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home