Wednesday, December 29, 2004

WHEN HOUSE BECOMES AN OFFICE

Just incase, I forgot to mention that my life is, in no case, going to be easy. I have, as a matter of fact, already started to get the flavor of the above statement. Well, if you’ve been wondering, what I’m talking about and what it has to do with my house becoming an office, all you have to do is read on and you’ll exactly know the answer.
My ‘dear’ parents, in an attempt to please me, have taken TWO weeks holidays (which started on Monday, the 27th of December 2004 and will end with my holidays- isn’t that unfair?)!!!
Well, the first 3 days weren’t that bad and they actually left me wondering if I had underestimated them and their capabilities to entertain me. I was almost convinced that ‘my parents are DIFFERENT and they are my type (I had no doubt about that in case of my dad but my mom and dad together- I was never convinced).’ But how could nature rest with me content? So, BANG came the 4th and 5th days!!!
There passes no minute without bringing with it a phone call. Also, my mother needs two Internet lines. WHY? Even I couldn’t understand completely. The reason (though imposed on me) being that while she accesses her mail on special software called ROVA (in her laptop for working from any net connection that is different from the special connection of her office), cannot surf through other websites. And how does mother ‘dear’ work without google or NDTV or economic times?
My dad, all this while, was obviously taking her side. It was also left to my dad to explain me why I couldn’t go on with my SST project (worth 5 MARKS in the final exam) on MY COMPUTER, in MY ROOM.
But I guess, such are the consequences of having no sibling who can, in such circumstances, be bribed to team up with you to get your rights back.
Such are ways of life!!!
Till my next post, it’s AKANKSHA signing off.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home