Saturday, April 01, 2006

This, that and the other

Our daily lives can easily become filled with stress, pressure and confusion so much so that we can end up…….. feeling like crap. At times it’s the drudgery of everyday, at others, a fight with a friend. The former is easier to overcome. Voila a favourite book, funny movie. The latter can be very dangerous. Anger clouds your discretion and everything you say becomes right and the other person starts mouthing mindless things. This doesn’t happen every day or every week or even every month but when it does……….you know it has. You know it has dented your friendship irrespective of who’s right and who’s wrong. Maybe you’re both right. Maybe you’re both wrong. You are after all different people with different aspirations, ideals and motives irrespective of what the history book says(ha!). Walk a mile in the other person’s shoes before you say no to their request for a new pair. Maybe you took it too seriously. Maybe you weren’t being serious.
Sometimes, you feel disappointed and in despair because someone you counted on let you down. People can fail. Even your best friends or those you love the most can fail. Accept that. If you’re wrong, apologize. It’s better than living with a guilty conscience. last but not the least, don’t clutter your mind with worry, it leaves less room for the good stuff! And as I always do and will say, eat chocolate.

Note: I only fight with my mom and with shubhi both of whom are very special no matter what crap I say when I am mad. Besides, I haven’t fought with either of them for a long time which is why I was able to put everything in perspective with a cool head. I wrote a poem today.

I am singing a voiceless requiem,
A requiem to the past,
I am beckoning the future,
A promising rendition of the past?

Now, I sing a happy note,
I hope it isn’t a lone jaunt,
I hum with care, the crescendo,
Not a distant mirage.

A voice from inside tells me to go on,
I will hark.

ps:I am blogging so often because I don't have much to do. An idle mind is a devil's workshop.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Aarushi.
I am doing some detective work and you'll probably never know who I am. Could you tell me if there is a girl in your school (DPS RKP), whose name is 'Nanda'??
-Qw@$66^&**)(trunc)6563%##########!@$$$$$$$$$$$$$$%#$R$%$#!!!!@##$**********%^{anti tracking code)

4:51 AM, April 02, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Like you, she too is most probably in class X going into class XI

4:52 AM, April 02, 2006  
Blogger Radhika said...

ok before readin th name of th author of th post i had thot it was knshus.. mayb coz it sounds a bit normal!!

1:25 PM, April 02, 2006  
Blogger Aditii said...

me too!!
i really thot it was knkshu!
but it was nice.(not a product of a devils workshop!!)

10:42 PM, April 03, 2006  
Blogger Shubhi said...

Aww how sweet... n yesi miss fitin 2.. though i have a more than eager replacement in the form of my mother... sigh will never stop fighting with her!

12:06 AM, April 04, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What? You people gotta a policy of ignoring anonymous comments? By the way, the post was nice. A nice peice exploring human emotions. There is that okay? Now tell me who 'Nanda' is or someone close to that.

3:46 AM, April 04, 2006  
Blogger Aarushi said...

u don't tell us who u r n u expect us 2 tell u about some1 else. noway!!!btw there are 5000 ppl in dpsrkp. so its not like every1 knows every1 else.

4:22 AM, April 04, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi...

well i go by ur post...
damn u for what u write- u r really nice i mean awesome

last to say....
for every minute u r angry, u loose 60 seconds o' happiness

1:13 AM, April 05, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home