Monday, July 11, 2005

End of a not-just-another-week...

It’s been a very long time indeed. The last week has been particularly very hectic and hard.

Hectic, of course because our dear school had planned our exams in a stretch, without any break. This left us with considerably less time assuming the fact that our parents and our teachers expected us to study for these exams in the holidays. I mean don’t we have better things to do than study for exams, which are, in no respect, going to have an impact on our final percentage?

I remember the time, that is, last year when I had studied like hell for these exams.

The Result: very satisfactory but the there wasn’t one bit of those marks reflecting in the final report card. I know most people were happy with that but what about me? Anyhow, this wasn’t the reason I didn’t study for more that a few days for these exams. There is more to it including my utter ignorance. I felt a need for spending time on the chapters that would’ve bothered me.

Hard, I say, because I had studied very little for these exams and thus the burden was laid on the few hours we had before the next exam. I practically had to hunt for sleep at night. There was always this thought of the morning revision haunting me. I needed to check 100 times for the alarm clock to be set at 4 am and then of course beg my mom to let me get up early for one last revision.

To add to all of this was my invigilator. What an invigilator we had! She would practically take hours in getting to the person in need of a sheet. Her slow motion left us with 15 less minutes. But the horror was during the science exam when the correction came in late and in I was left in utter mess. My otherwise perfect paper was left in miserable hell when I missed a 3 MARKS question in bio. The second half of our class was on the other hand given extra time. Lucky Shubhi!

The last week can be in short put as a complete shock treatment. And the fact that there is a lot more than this in store doesn’t possibly leave me in peace.

Coming on to today, the exams did officially end. Three cheers to all those who survived them!

And good luck for the coming week. It’s going to be another hard one. Its time for the answer sheets, sweetie!

Till the next time, I leave you with a prayer in my heart. Together we shall face the tough days.

Buh-bye!

3 Comments:

Blogger Shubhi said...

sweeetie!!!

6:50 AM, July 12, 2005  
Blogger Akanksha said...

ahem...

9:09 AM, July 12, 2005  
Blogger Shubhi said...

lolz!!!!

1:36 AM, July 13, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home