Thursday, February 10, 2005

Nostalgia and moi!!!

You know I was just generally missing my days in St. Thomas’. I don’t know why but I was really missing my friends out there and the time spent there. It’s not that I prefer St. Thomas’ over DPS cause I guess DPS has given me what St. Thomas’ never could in terms of friendships and even awareness but still, I have never felt more nostalgic or yeah, I have. But whatever. So to make myself feel better, I started thinking about the good things that have happened to me in DPS. But instead, I landed up thinking about the broken friendships I’ve had to come to terms with, in St. Thomas’. And, so this explains the reason for me writing the poem I’ve written, today in my golden time that is 9 to 10 when all I do is write and read.

BROKEN FRIENDSHIPS

I know, maybe it’s my fault
I went away.
Maybe, there was more
To what you had to say.
But wouldn’t have you
Done the same as me?
Then why put all the blame on me?
When I turn back
I do realize my mistakes
But what you did can never be justified.
Not now, not in this lifetime.
I hadn’t understood your position
Just like you hadn’t mine.
Maybe it was not the right time.
And just, maybe it’s still not the best time.


3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

was i 1 of da frendz u wer missin??? if not, then.... *i'll think about ur "punishment" later*
lolz....

it's OK anku... dont get that nostalgic... just enjoy the present...

PS. gr8 poem...
PPS. r u planning 2 seek a career in poetry or sumfin???

10:47 PM, February 12, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh i 4got 2 mention... which broken friendships were u talkin about?

10:49 PM, February 12, 2005  
Blogger Akanksha said...

tks jada...n of course how can i forget u??? as far as the broken frendships are concerned, i'll tell u afterwards..not to be revealed here.
n no i dunt plan to make a career in poetry. as i sed..there is no poetry competition going on here..but i like writing poems so i put them up here.

8:32 AM, February 13, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home