Friday, January 05, 2007

For the past 16 years I have wondered and then pondered why exactly people get irritated at the sight of mess. I mean their face goes red, their eyes crinkle and they get this stupid look while they shriek like a hyena "eeeeeeee" . Even after 16 years of careful observation, experimentation and thought i still have not arrived at a sufficient explanation.

Take for example a scene that has taken place in my room everyday for the past 16 years (excluding all the days i was out or something):

There i am all innocent and peaceful.

Then suddenly the mother (who i fondly call hitler) barges in...
Mother: "LOOK AT YOUR ROOM!"

I look up at her, quite disgusted at her outrageous behaviour, roll my eyes
Me: --
continue to do whatever im doing.

Not taking the hint she proceeds to my table.. shuffles the wonderfully placed books.. ruining my perfectly ordered things.
Mother: "Look at this.. its nothing better than a pig sty"

Now i get angry, shes messing up my perfectly messed room for heavens sake!
Me: "Mom this is my room stop ruining it! You're stifling the growth of my individuality!"
she ignores me and to my horror starts to clean up.
I gulp and storm out

Return 15 minutes later and arrange everything again properly


And i repeat this happens almost everyday. Surprising isn't it. You would think she would give up. What i think parents dont understand is that having a mess isnt being dirty. My room is never dirty. Messy yes but never dirty.
Messiness is just a creative outlook. Its just the way a person likes to organize things in their space. Its something like art. Unique and interesting There is nothing remotely disgusting about it. It really annoys me when the super-clean-freaky-ee people call it that. Its not like we not super-clean-freaky-ee people find the super-clean-freaky-ee peoples order disgusting. It so is NOT called for.

And at the end of it, considering we aren't messing their lives why do they even care? Seriously weird. Anyways i would like to conclude in a very english-exam-good-writing way. It has been scientifically proven that those people who live in disorder are not only more intelligent and but are also better human beings than those who are "clean-freaks".

So ha!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

you're a funny girl

3:52 AM, January 06, 2007  
Blogger Aayush Kumar said...

haha...ok this has gotta be one of the best posts in this blog!! couldnt stop laughing...and the best is ITS SOO TRUE!!
The conversation.. and the last line! :)

6:19 AM, January 06, 2007  
Blogger ThinkingWanderer said...

hahahha...
i loveeeeeeeee it baby!:D
too gud!! I couldn't agree more with u!Except in my case...it's my dad who doesnt understand.My mom is quite understanding about my 'creativity'..
anyways..keep up the good work doll!:D
love ya!

5:59 AM, January 07, 2007  
Blogger AA said...

Mess intolerance. a common complaint. what a shame.

11:17 AM, March 11, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home