Monday, January 02, 2006

Jan 1

1 Jan 2006
5:15 pm-we(my brother n i) return from tennis. I am shit tired n hungry. Go for a wash. Stairway to heaven n highway to hell simultaneously playing on the background.
5:45 pm-I ask mom if the fruits in the fruit basket are washed. She says yes. I grab a ‘what-looks-like-a-golden apple’ and bite it……..no attempt to bite it. It turns out to be a…………….guess what? A cosco cricket ball. Goodbye stairway to heaven. It feels like I have taken a ‘highway to hell’ and I hear a voiceless requiem playing in the background. Half a second later I come out of this inconsequential reverie courtesy my brother’s giggles. I take an eraser and hit him with it using ipsita’s-rubber band technique. It hits him on the stomach and I congratulate myself-shot of the millennium. i see determination and anger (lethal combination-if u no what I mean-if u have a younger brother)on his face and run for my life. I lock the door after reaching the safety of my room. Start studying (civics for the first what?2 minutes followed by brett lee on my soft board)
6:00 pm- I come out in search of chocolate biscuits(there goes my nu yr resolution but hey…..whatever) and the clever fox is waiting….. waiting for the bait. He uses the same technique. The eraser hits my kneecap(clever guy, huh? But there is no kneecap reflex action). He is happy and the matter is resolved. I find my chocolate biscuits but decide to have grapes instead. I wash them and head back to my room and start solving a maths sample paper. Civics notebook looks mournful and I put it away promising to start afresh tomorrow.
The grapes by the way were sour.

That was my day. Hope u guys had a gr8 1st jan and may this yr bring us all gr8 results. Did any1 check out enya’s nu album?
Aarushi

2 Comments:

Blogger Akanksha said...

Rushi..rushi...wot can i say darling?
I wish u hadnt tld me abt the cosco ball incident on the phone...wld surely hv had a laugh now...

10:56 AM, January 02, 2006  
Blogger Aarushi said...

duh!!!! that's big ol moose not me.
i didn't tell u the same day. i told u the next day so i guess the novelty was oldie. did u see birdman on g sq's blog. what a quack!!!!

11:15 AM, January 02, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home