Tuesday, January 18, 2005

LIFE IS BEAUTIFUL!!!

Don’t tell me u don’t agree with me, on this. Today was so much fun. And if you are in my class, then u exactly know why. But anyways, since I am writing (maybe, for the heck of writing), I am going to bore all of you. Well, to begin with, the first period was physics (I know a bad start) and our dear principal made an announcement, summoning all the teachers to the AVH. Besides, our physics teacher told us she wouldn’t be coming for the next 3 classes!!! The 2nd period was English (which is, by default, free) but again the teachers were having a meeting. the third and the fourth periods were computer lab and we were told not to leave the class, so u can imagine. However, it’s another story that my class almost got into trouble. During all this time, we were playing dumb charades and of course my team won. Then we had the break. Blah…blah…blah.
I got my English project back and I got 9/10. Isn’t that cool? I just hope to get a good score in the civics project, too. Anyways, the English project has been transferred to my brother in 11th. Let’s see how much he gets.
The day was so cool.
I am putting one of Billy Gilman’s songs. Not many know him. I heard him for the first time on the Oprah show. He’s really good. He’s about my age i.e. 14-15. Anyways, I don’t think his songs have been introduced in India (actually, I’m quite sure), so u can download them.
ONE VOICE

Some kids have and some kids don't
And some of us are wondering why.
And Mom won't watch the news at night
There's too much stuff that's making her cry.
We need some help
Down here on earth
A thousand prayers, a million words
But one voice was heard.
A house, a yard, a neighborhood
Where you can ride your new bike to school.
A kinda world where mom and dad
Still believe the golden rule
Life's not that simple
Down here on earth.
A thousand prayers, a million words
But one voice was heard.
One voice, one simple word
Hearts know what to say.
One dream can change the world
Keep believing till you find your way.
Yesterday while walking home
I saw some kid on Newbury Road
He pulled a pistol from his bag
And tossed it in the river below.
Thanks for the help
Down here on Earth.
A thousand prayers, a million words
But one voice was heard
One voice was heard.
One voice was heard


Signing off….
AKANKSHA
PS: isn’t the song cool?

1 Comments:

Blogger Shubhi said...

The song rocks and i'm going to write a poem entitled one voice in the near future. it was truly meaningful. plz don't chronicle the timetable. we know it already.
Aarushi

11:38 AM, January 22, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home